Welcome to Studio A.C.T.! Whether you're new to acting or a professional looking to polish your skills, or a theater lover wanting to learn more about the art, we have a wide range of dynamic classes designed to meet your needs.
Studio A.C.T. offers 8-week sessions during the fall, winter, and spring, and two 4-week sessions featuring intensive classes during the summer.
Registration and Applications
- All applicants must be at least 19 years old.
- No audition is necessary for most courses.
- Students registering for classes that require previous experience (please check course description) may be contacted for more information or asked to select a class that better fits their current level of experience.
- Enrollment is at the discretion of the Studio A.C.T. director.
- All courses meet once a week for 8 weeks unless otherwise noted.
- All courses meet at 30 Grant Avenue, in downtown San Francisco, unless otherwise noted.
- Some courses require prerequisite training, as noted in their individual course descriptions.
- Most courses are limited to 12 to 14 students.
- Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes and out-of-class scene partner rehearsals on time and ready to work.
- Schedule conflicts, including work conflicts, must be cleared before enrollment.
- Absences may affect future enrollment.
Fees and Payment
- Tuition and fees for each class are listed alongside the individual class descriptions.
- Outstanding tuition balances must be paid prior to the first class.
- Payments may be made with Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, money orders, and personal checks. No cash, please.
- A one-time $20 nonrefundable registration fee for new students will be added at the time of enrollment.
- A $10 nonrefundable registration fee for returning students will be added at the time of enrollment.
- A $5 nonrefundable library fee per student will be added at the time of enrollment.
If you are enrolled and paying tuition in Studio A.C.T., you may be eligible to apply for education tax credits that will help reduce your tax liability. For more information, please refer to IRS Publication 970 or visit www.irs.gov.
Course Credit and Transcripts
All courses, except where noted, earn one semester hour of undergraduate credit. Students receive a final grade of high pass, pass, low pass, or fail. Students may obtain an official transcript of their course work by submitting a transcript request form.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- Courses with insufficient enrollment will be canceled and tuition paid will be refunded in full.
- Withdrawal and refund requests for any other reason must be made in writing and will be honored if received at least 24 hours prior to the first class session.
- In the event of withdrawal, all nonrefundable fees and a $20 processing fee per course will be withheld.
- Please allow 10 working days for your refund to be processed.
For more information about Studio A.C.T., please visit the Program Information page.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.439.2441.
© 2017 American Conservatory Theater-a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit organization. Number 94-6135772.