"American Conservatory Theater is not just a place where you come to see plays. It's a place where you come to talk about plays, where you come to meet artists, where you come to learn about the making of art. It's a place that opens your heart and your mind, and can actually teach you something about the world. It's a place in which you are transformed."
— Carey Perloff, Artistic Director
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. No calls, please. EOE.
Web Development Fellow
Date posted: November 12, 2012
Reports to: Web and Social Media Manager
Web Development Fellows
, under the guidance of the web and social media manager, will gain valuable skills while updating and maintaining A.C.T.'s website, creating online collateral, and finding new and innovative ways to drive traffic to the website and social media outlets. This fellow will operate within the marketing department, where s/he will work with the web and social media manager to update pages, forms, and ecommerce elements on the A.C.T. website and ticketing system, manage email campaigns for different departments within the organization, and create graphics for use on the website and in online advertising campaigns.
- Updates and page maintenance on the A.C.T. website and ticketing system, under the guidance of the web and social media manager
- Create and refine images for the website, email campaigns, online advertising campaigns, and other projects as necessary, with the web and social media manager as well as the graphic design team
- Create and send emails to patrons for both marketing and other external affairs purposes, in conjunction with the web and social media manager, marketing copywriter, and other members of the A.C.T. staff
- Assisting the web and social media manager with organizing and compiling web traffic reports from Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other analytics data as necessary
- Looking for new and innovative ways to improve and drive traffic to the A.C.T. website and social media outlets
Completed applications are accepted by email and should include the following items. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All application components submitted by email should be in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe PDF file formats. Please note that Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional is required to submit the application cover sheet by email.
- Application Cover Sheet: Type in your pertinent information and save the document as a PDF for printing or attachment to an email.
- Personal Statement: This statement should be no longer than one page and include the following: the fellowship you are applying for and why (include a second choice due to the large number of applications); what you expect from an A.C.T. fellowship; your career objectives and how you expect to achieve them; your academic credentials; your experience and/or education in theater; and the qualities you possess that qualify you as a candidate for an A.C.T. fellowship. Your personal statement should reveal information about yourself that may not be represented in your résumé or recommendations.
- Résumé: Please include your email address and permanent contact information.
- Writing Sample: Please include a writing sample if you are applying for the arts management, development, dramaturgy, marketing/public relations, and/or publications fellowships.
- Three References
If submitting your application by mail, please send materials to:
American Conservatory Theater
30 Grant Avenue, Sixth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108-5834
All email submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open till filled.