All Students Welcome
A.C.T. seeks to attract to its faculty, staff, and student body qualified persons from diverse backgrounds in an effort to enrich our collective creative experience. Students of all abilities, racial identities, and gender identities are welcome and encouraged to apply for A.C.T.'s Summer Training Congress.
Guidelines for applying to STC
Enrollment application submission must include:
- Completed application form.
- Current résumé listing previous training and experience
- One full-face snapshot or 8" x 10" headshot
- Contact information for two references, including name, phone number, and email address–these individuals will automatically receive instructions on how to submit a letter of recommendation
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended; proof of high school graduation if you have not attended college
- A nonrefundable, nonwaivable $65 application fee, payable by credit card or PayPal
- A personal essay (no longer than one typewritten page) describing why you are pursuing a career in theater
Please note: Your application must be submitted with all supporting materials
Enrollment is limited and selective. To guarantee your place in the 2020 STC, please submit your enrollment application as early as possible. No entrance audition is necessary (see Placement Interviews section below). Students are considered for acceptance in the program as their completed applications are received and reviewed.
Placement interviews are held during registration to place each student in an appropriate company. Applicants who are accepted must prepare one monologue from a contemporary play (five-week intensive) or a classical selection (two-week classical intensive). Sonnets, poems, and other non-dramatic materials are not acceptable. Please limit selection to no more than two minutes.
Applicants to the STC must:
- be at least 18 years of age by the chosen class start date
- have a secondary (US high school equivalent) education degree
Total actor package: take both sessions and save $650!
|Program||Tuition||Deposit||Nonrefundable Processing Fee|
|7-week Total Actor Package||$3,600||$1,500||$275|
|5-week Core Skills Intensive||$3,000||$1,250||$275|
|2-week Shakespeare Intensive||$1,250||$500||$125|
Upon acceptance to either session, the deposit amount listed above is due with the return of the letter of agreement. There is an additional $25 nonrefundable book fee per student.
SUMMER TRAINING CONGRESS 2020 HAS BEEN CANCELED.
© 2019 American Conservatory Theater-a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit organization. Number 94-6135772.