Mar 28 – May 22*
*Some classes continue through May 29.
All times listed reflect Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Studio A.C.T. classes are divided into Intro courses for people new to the given subject, and repeatable courses providing an experience that allows each individual to progress to their fullest.
Most classes meet once a week for eight weeks during the above dates. Check exact dates in each class description.
In order to select the best class for your goals and experience level, please read the individual course descriptions carefully.
ONLINE ONE-DAY CLASSES
Sunday, May 15, 1–5 p.m. | one-day online class led by Liz Anderson
This one-day class introduces you to the basic fundamentals of acting on camera, using short scenes drawn from existing film and television scripts. Participants will explore the principles of truthful on-camera acting and learn practical techniques particular to acting on camera versus onstage.
This one-day Intro to On-Camera Acting class is for you if:
- You’ve already taken Intro to Acting, Acting 1, and Acting 2 at Studio A.C.T., or their equivalents elsewhere.
- You have past acting experience but not with on-camera acting, are curious about acting on camera, and want an unintimidating but engaging opportunity to introduce yourself to it.
- You’ve done a bit of on-camera acting in the past, but it’s been a while and you’re hungry to get back in touch with acting on camera.
Sunday, May 22, 1–5 p.m. | One-day online class led by Chauntee’ Schuler Irving
Actors are increasingly asked by theater and film producers to submit self-taped video auditions. This master class is a fast-paced, one-day course designed to equip today’s actor with the essential skill of self-taping for auditions. The course will cover current industry standards for self-tapes, practical tools for integrating the technical demands of taping along with acting craft, as well as hands-on methods to approaching camera work. The curriculum will prepare students from diverse camera acting backgrounds with the knowledge and resources to immediately begin producing effective self-tapes for the acting business. If possible, students should come prepared to use a smartphone for video recording in addition to a laptop. This popular class tends to fill up quickly. Enroll now!
Self-Taped Audition is for you if:
- You are an actor with little to no experience self-taping for auditions
- You are a working actor who wants to strengthen the quality of your self-taped auditions
- You are a theater educator who would like to prepare your students for self-taped auditions and/or college admissions.