Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions after reading the FAQ and the other program materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information Related to Studio A.C.T. and COVID-19:
- All currently scheduled Studio A.C.T. classes will be held online via Zoom. No classes will meet in-person at 30 Grant Avenue.
- Class times are all Pacific Standard Time.
- Our standard withdrawal and refund policies apply.
I'm a new student. What do I need to do to register?
- Visit the current Class Session page, read the course descriptions, then click the red “NEW STUDENTS” button.
- Be sure to complete the New Student Questionnaire when prompted during the registration process.
- All new students are asked to answer a few basic questions to ensure that they have registered for a class that is appropriate for their level of experience.
Is there an age requirement?
Yes. Studio A.C.T. students must be 19 years of age or older.
I took classes in the Young Conservatory. Am I considered a new student?
Yes. If you are coming to Studio A.C.T. after attending the Young Conservatory, you are still considered a new student and will need to fill out a new student questionnaire for Studio A.C.T. when prompted during the registration process.
Do I need to already have acting or stage experience to register for a Studio A.C.T. class?
No. We offer introductory classes in addition to our more advanced classes. Please read the current session listings as well as course descriptions to see if the class is a good fit for you.
I'm a returning student. Do I need to fill out a new student questionnaire?
No. All returning students can register for their classes online. When you visit the current Class Session page, be sure to click the green "RETURNING STUDENTS" button.
I'm a returning student. Can I show up at registration on the first day of classes to enroll?
No. All students, even returning students, must register online before the first day of classes.
I've registered online for a class. Now what?
Once you have registered for a class online, our online registration system will automatically email you a confirmation of your class order. Students registering for advanced classes or classes requiring specific prerequisites may then be contacted by Studio A.C.T. for further confirmation. In the week prior to your first day of class, you will receive an email from us with additional information.
A class I want is full. Is there a waitlist?
If a class is listed as sold out, please email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist, do not show up to class unless you are contacted by the Conservatory Associate confirming that a spot is available for you and you have paid your tuition.
© 2019 American Conservatory Theater-a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit organization. Number 94-6135772.