Real Theater Classes for Real People
Part-time theater classes for ages 19+
About Studio A.C.T.
Expand your creativity in ways you never thought possible at Studio A.C.T., the Tony Award-winning American Conservatory Theater’s adult part-time acting school.
Studio A.C.T. offers exciting, rewarding classes for adults of all backgrounds and levels of experience. Whether you're new to acting, a working professional looking to polish your skills, or a theater lover wanting to learn more about the art, Studio A.C.T. offers a wide range of dynamic classes designed to meet your needs.
Our roster includes courses in acting, voice, audition technique, musical theater, playwriting, improv, on-camera technique, movement, clown, mask, and much more—all taught by some of the finest local professional artists in the industry—as well as master classes with local, national and international guests. We also offer private, one-on-one coaching for your next big audition or presentation.
Fall Session: Sept 13–Nov 7 Enrolling Now!
Inter-Session: Dec 6-10 Enrolling Now!
Winter Session: Jan 18–Mar 14 Enrolling Now!
Spring Session: Mar 28–May 22
Studio A.C.T. Course Overview
- Our courses are scheduled for nights and weekends to accommodate work and home commitments.
- Most classes are limited to 12 to 14 students in order to guarantee personal attention from instructors.
- Instructors are working theater artists who are dedicated to sharing their craft and experience in helping you reach your goals.
- Classes are offered online using the Zoom platform, and in-person at 30 Grant Avenue.
- A.C.T. has an extensive script and theater reference library that is available to all students. Learn more about the Melissa Smith Library and online and in-person access.
Current or past Studio A.C.T. students can also join the Studio A.C.T. Facebook Group for news, insights, and community!
All Students Welcome
Students of all abilities, racial identities, and gender identities are welcome and encouraged to sign up for Studio A.C.T. theater classes.
For additional questions/concerns, including any issues regarding access to technology for Zoom/online classes, visit our Studio FAQ page or email firstname.lastname@example.org