Looking for more personalized training?
Get the 1-on-1 attention you need in preparation for high-stakes, real world situations. Studio A.C.T. offers private coaching both online via Zoom and in-person at our 30 Grant Avenue studios.
Our coaches can help you:
- prepare for auditions of all kinds, from theater to film and commercials
- feel more at ease in a variety of high-stakes performance or public speaking situations
- interpret direction from auditors or directors
- converse with casting directors knowledgably
- select headshots, improve resumes, and choose appropriate audition attire
- select and prepare new audition monologues
- make bold choices based on research and text analysis
- break down scenes and monologues into actionable “beats”
- scan Shakespearean text
- learn basic dialects
- hone your individual voice, speech, or movement skills
- develop your online profile with feedback related to your personal website and/or social media profile(s)
- and more! We’ll help find the right coach for your specific needs.
- Duration & Price: Each private coaching session is 60 minutes, priced at $120.00 per session. Additional fees may apply in the case of added live accompaniment or video equipment/supplies. At checkout, you may indicate how many sessions for which you would like to sign up.
- How to sign up: click the "Register" button. First, you will be prompted to answer some questions about your specific coaching needs and goals, along with your availability. Next, you will choose how many sessions you would like to sign up for, before being directed to checkout.
- Studio A.C.T. Private Coaching is for adults ages 19 and over.
- All of our private coaches are talented Bay Area theater professionals, and are matched up with each of our students based on their specific coaching needs.
*Please note: the process of receiving an inquiry, placement with the appropriate coach, and finalizing the schedule can take a minimum of 5 business days. For this reason, though last-minute inquiries are not impossible they cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, our enrollment system will only notify us of your completed online registration form once you have paid. If you would like to learn more before purchasing, please email us at Studio@act-sf.org.
Our coaches help students to be seen, heard, and understood at their personal best. Many students seek individual attention from a coach in preparation for graduate school auditions, booking a gig, or nailing a presentation at work, or to refine a particular performance-related skill.
Studio A.C.T. coaches are drawn from our exceptional faculty roster. They are all industry professionals with distinguished careers as artists, educators, and public speakers. The coach assigned to you will depend on (1) the subject of your coaching session, and (2) faculty availability. If you sign up for multiple sessions you will be paired with one coach throughout. You may request a specific coach, but Studio A.C.T. cannot guarantee that the coach you request will be available.
Each private coaching session is 60 minutes, priced at $120.00 per session.
Please come to your Private Coaching session with a clear sense of your goals, in order to share those with your coach.
Note – Private Coaching sessions are self-contained, meaning the coach does not do additional work outside of the scheduled session, whether prior or after. If you know you will need assistance outside of an in-person session—e.g. for the coach to do research into selecting material for you, or to prepare material for you in advance of meeting in person, etcetera—an additional session will need to be purchased to accommodate the time for that work. Please let us know in advance if you have any questions about this policy.
At checkout, you may indicate how many sessions you would like to sign up for.
All cancellation, rescheduling, and refund requests must be sent in writing to both your coach and the Studio A.C.T. Inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event you must cancel a scheduled private coaching session, a full refund can only be given if we receive a written request by email at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled session. Full refunds are also given if either the coach or Studio A.C.T. must cancel the session and it is not possible to reschedule.
In the event you must reschedule, as opposed to cancel, a private coaching session, your written request must be received at least 24 hours in advance of the originally scheduled session (e.g. 12:00 p.m. on a Monday for a 12:00 p.m. Tuesday session). Requests to reschedule received less than 24 hours in advance will be considered a cancellation per above.
Refunds will not be issued in the event a student does not attend a scheduled private coaching session without advanced written notice as outlined above.
Please allow ten (10) working days for refunds to be processed.
Studio A.C.T. offers private coaching both online via Zoom and in-person at our 30 Grant Avenue studios. After registering online, we will contact you to arrange a schedule and for additional details, including to confirm whether you would like online or in-person coaching.
All students requesting private coaching from Studio A.C.T. must confirm having read this Letter of Agreement (LOA) and agree to its terms and conditions at the time they register online. The notice of confirmation and agreement appears during the online enrollment process before students select the number of sessions they would like and make payment.
This is a letter of agreement between the American Conservatory Theater (the School) and the applicant enrolling (the Student), stipulating the conditions and terms of enrollment in Private Coaching.
- Coaching Session Times are all Pacific Standard Time.
- Coaching Session Schedule: The student will work with the Adult Programs Coordinator to establish their private coaching schedule. Once a schedule has been established, any subsequent requests for changes to the schedule must be made in writing by the student. Requests from the School for changes to the schedule will likewise be made in writing.
- Payment: Full payment must be made at the time of registration. Should the student subsequently wish to add additional Private Coaching sessions to their original order, they must register online with full payment before any additional sessions can be scheduled, and alert both the coach and Adult Programs Coordinator in writing that they have done so.
- Appropriate Behavior: Students enrolled in any A.C.T. program, including Private Coaching, must conduct themselves in a manner conducive to a safe environment of positive learning. Respect, courtesy, and care are expected. Respect for cultural differences is mandatory and harassment or other discriminatory behavior is not tolerated. Breaches of common decency in behavior will be cause for disciplinary action up to and including expulsion. Regarding physical contact, verbal consent must always be requested and given prior to any physical contact, whether in the context of a class exercise, improvisation, rehearsal, or performance. Consent given may always be retracted or otherwise revised after the fact. Nobody is obliged to be touched, nor to explain why they do not wish to be. Further information about practices and protocols around consent for physical contact will be relayed by the coach as appropriate to the given subject of the coaching session.
- Students with special access needs must notify the School of their precise nature, including any relevant clarifying documentation, immediately after enrolling in the program. Upon receipt of notification and documentation, the School, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will then consider what reasonable accommodations may be necessary to meet those special access needs.
- Studio A.C.T. and COVID-19: All in-person private coaching sessions will be conducted in accordance with the most updated city, county and state recommendations in effect at the time of the given session. Additional precautions apply as detailed on the Studio A.C.T. FAQ Page. These policies are subject to change. Our standard refund policies apply. By continuing to enroll, the student acknowledges having read and understood these policies and agrees to abide by them.
By completing the online enrollment process, the Student applies for enrollment in the Studio A.C.T. Private Coaching Program according to the conditions and terms outlined in this Letter of Agreement and accepts enrollment upon receipt of confirmation from the Conservatory.
Thank you for joining us!