Looking for more personalized training?
Sign up for 1-on-1 coaching with our experienced A.C.T. faculty of Bay Area artists and theater makers.
Whether you are brand new to the craft of acting, or are a seasoned performer, investing in one-on-one private coaching is a worthwhile commitment that can strengthen your skills and increase your confidence. Through individualized feedback and support, young actors can make huge strides in a short amount of time when the powerful combination of a talented, knowledgeable mentor and accountability combine.
Benefits of private coaching:
- Extra support when preparing for an audition or callback
- Breaking through stuck places
- Learning techniques that you can apply to further your own growth and initiative as an artist
- Working through a specific acting challenge that hasn’t been met by a group class or workshop
- Building confidence
Our private coaches can help you:
- Rehearse songs, monologues, and/or choreography for auditions or upcoming performances
- Find appropriate repertoire that highlights your strengths
- Film materials for auditions, callbacks, and pre-screens
- Refine actor audition tools and etiquette
- Manage the BA/BFA college audition & application process
- Incorporate foundational and/or specialized acting techniques or dialects into your work
- And more!
- Duration & Price: Each private coaching session is 60 minutes, priced at $115.00 per session. At checkout, you may indicate for how many session(s) you would like to sign up. Please note that we will only be notified with your completed form once you have paid. If you would like to learn more before purchasing, please email us at YoungConservatory@act-sf.org.
- Click the button above to register. First, you will be prompted to answer some questions about your specific coaching needs and goals, along with your availability. Next, you will choose how many sessions you would like to sign up for* before being directed to checkout.
- Private coaching sessions are available to students grades 3–12 looking for some individual attention from one of our A.C.T. instructors.
- All of our private coaches are talented Bay Area theater professionals, and are matched up with each of our students based on their specific coaching needs.
*Please note: Once you have signed up for a private coaching session, it can take up to 3 business days before we are able to match you with an appropriate instructor and contact you with a list of available dates.
For any other questions about our private coaching program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All refund requests must be sent in writing to both your coach and the Young Conservatory Inbox at email@example.com.
In the event you must cancel a scheduled private coaching session, a full refund will only be given if we receive a written request by email at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled session. A session can be rescheduled to another date confirmed by the instructor and student at least 24 hours in advance of the original scheduled session. Full refunds are also given if either the coach or the YC must cancel the session and it is not possible to reschedule.
We are currently offering both online and in-person* private coaching options.
- All online private coaching lessons will take place over Zoom.
- All in-person private coaching lessons will take place in our studio spaces at 30 Grant Ave in San Francisco.
*COVID-19 In-Person Safety Protocol
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all faculty and students, the YC will adhere to the most updated safety precautions recommended by San Francisco, county, and state guidance in effect at the time of classes.
- Currently students 12+ must provide proof of vaccination or exemption to participate, and students 18+ must also provide proof of booster shot.
- All students and staff are required to be masked inside our building.
Each private coaching session is 60 minutes. At checkout, you may indicate how many session(s) you would like to sign up for. Prices start at $115 per session; if you sign up for more than 3 sessions at a time, the price per session decreases:
1-3 sessions: $120 per session
4-6 sessions: $115 per session
7-10 sessions: $105 per session
*For musical theater audition coaching, please note that coaches will work with students using recorded accompaniment provided by the student or a cappella. If you would like to request a live accompanist in addition to the coach, the additional cost is $40 per session.
**For pre-screen video recording, there is an additional $30 equipment & recording fee per session.