Looking for more personalized training?
Sign up for 1-on-1 coaching with our experienced A.C.T. faculty of Bay Area artists and theater makers.
Our coaches can help you:
- Prepare for auditions of all kinds, including:
- Musical theater auditions
- College pre-screen video auditions
- Select headshots and résumés
- Choose appropriate audition attire
- Prepare for applying to undergraduate theater programs
- Select new audition monologues
- Make bold choices based on research and text analysis
- Break down scenes and monologues into “beats”
- Converse with casting directors knowledgeably
- Scan and interpret Shakespearean text
- Learn basic dialects
- Duration & Price: Each private coaching session is 60 minutes, priced at $115.00 per session. At checkout, you may indicate for how many session(s) you would like to sign up.
- Click the button above to register. First, you will be prompted to answer some questions about your specific coaching needs and goals, along with your availability. Next, you will choose how many sessions you would like to sign up for* before being directed to checkout.
- Private coaching sessions are available to students grades 3–12 looking for some individual attention from one of our A.C.T. instructors.
- All of our private coaches are talented Bay Area theater professionals, and are matched up with each of our students based on their specific coaching needs.
*Please note: Once you have signed up for a private coaching session, it can take up to 3 business days before we are able to match you with an appropriate instructor and contact you with a list of available dates.
For any other questions about our private coaching program, please email email@example.com.
Each private coaching session is 60 minutes. At checkout, you may indicate how many session(s) you would like to sign up for. Prices start at $115 per session; if you sign up for more than 3 sessions at a time, the price per session decreases:
1-3 sessions: $115 per session
4-6 sessions: $110 per session
7+ sessions: $105 per session
*For musical theater audition coaching, please note that coaches will work with students using recorded accompaniment provided by the student or a cappella. If you would like to request a live accompanist in addition to the coach, the additional cost is $40 per session.
**For pre-screen video recording, there is an additional $30 equipment & recording fee per session.
We are currently offering both online and in-person* private coaching options.
- All online private coaching lessons will take place over Zoom.
- All in-person private coaching lessons will take place in our studio spaces at 30 Grant Ave in San Francisco.
*COVID-19 In-Person Safety Protocol
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all faculty and students, the YC will adhere to the most updated safety precautions recommended by San Francisco, county, and state guidance in effect at the time of classes.
- Currently students 12+ must provide proof of vaccination or exemption to participate, and students 18+ must also provide proof of booster shot.
- All students and staff are required to be masked inside our building.
All refund requests must be sent in writing to both your coach and the Young Conservatory Inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event you must cancel a scheduled private coaching session, a full refund will only be given if we receive a written request by email at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled session. Full refunds are also given if either the coach or the YC must cancel the session and it is not possible to reschedule.